The volunteers we work with each tell stories of the deep, lasting benefits they enjoy from volunteering even just a small amount of their time. To those of us whom much is given, much is required. Volunteers answer this call and pay it forward with the currency of their valuable time. Personal fulfillment, service to humanity, meeting new friends, or just being a part of a special endeavor with special people, are each benefits realized by volunteers.
The HBCU Foundation team of volunteers don’t wait around for ways to get involved, they create them and work in collaboration with other stakeholders to help their communities thrive:
- by making our events successful. Our volunteers and their dedication are what make events memorable and successful.
- by helping with fundraising efforts. In churches, sororities, fraternities and hundreds of other organizations, volunteers help raise the money that enables The HBCU Foundation to support more than 60,000 students each year.
- by chairing or supporting workplace giving campaigns, you help The HBCU Foundation achieve its mission of helping students to attend and graduate college.
- by joining The HBCU Foundation Leadership Councils. Volunteers provide significant support, guidance and awareness about their local communities by keeping The HBCU Foundation informed about local networking and fundraising opportunities.
The HBCU Foundation invites volunteers to help us equip changemakers with the transformative technology solutions and skills they need to improve lives globally and locally.
Online Volunteer Opportunities
- Share your knowledge, expertise, and advice with hundreds of thousands of our supporters, writing for The HBCU Foundation.
- Answer tech-related questions from supporters and volunteers on how they can better use technology to increase the organization’s impact.
- Volunteer your IT, Programming, or Design Skills to help build website, marketing and promotional materials for The HBCU Foundation
In-Person Volunteer Opportunities
The HBCU Foundation is interested in event hosts who are passionate about HBCUs, as well as promoting diversity and HBCU alumni giving within their workplace.
Our live events offer an opportunity to convene locally to share ideas, learn from one another, and collaborate on projects for real-world, social impact.
Does this sound like you? Then apply to become an HBCU Foundation Organizer.
- I’m excited about gathering people to discuss and promote HBCUs, Diversity and access to The Arts and Education..
- I have strong roots in my community (or would like to establish them).
- I have one to two hours each week that I can devote to organizing an event.
- I have a computer, Internet access, and computer skills.
- I have event-planning skills and resources.
- I love to network and connect people.
To learn more and to find the best opportunity for your availability and talents, e-mail email@example.com.