Access HBCU: College Readiness
The HBCU Foundation’s ACCESS HBCU College Readiness Program focuses on college preparation and early awareness for students grade 8 through 12 and their families, or guardians.
- Students will develop a High School planning calendar to help guide their successful matriculation from high school to college
- Each student will undergo a Career Assessment and shall be provided a Career Roadmap
- College Selection Workshop for students and Parents/Guardians
- Navigating The Admissions Process (Workshop)
- Essay preparation workshop
- Demystifying the Financial Aid Application Process; a workshop for students and families
- Scholarship Sourcing workshop
- Respect the Hour; Time management techniques workshop
- Ongoing Asset development
- Development of a personal mission statement
- HBCU college tours
- Virtual HBCU College Tours
Students are also provided a range of other tools and useful on and offline resources.
Students from private, community and public schools are welcome to participate. One- one-one counseling is also available.
Next application period begins July 1, 2018. Email firstname.lastname@example.orgSharing is caring!