We ask that all HBCU Foundation Organizers agree to the following as part of their participation:
HBCU Foundation Organizers should at all times demonstrate the kind of character and values espoused by The HBCU Foundation. These include:
- Full Transparency
- A firm commitment to building the social impact and economic capacity of The HBCU Foundation via donors, volunteers and other support bases in local communities
HBCU Foundation Organizers are asked to host free or modestly-priced monthly mixers on topics related to HBCUs and social impact that are open to all interested community members.
All groups must provide an online space to encourage membership, content sharing, and public visibility. We may cover the cost for organizers to use meetup.com and ask that they also create an organizers page on TheHBCUFoundation.org. These online spaces provide a way for groups to raise their profile online while enabling our team to integrate your online community’s feedback into our program development efforts.
We ask that HBCU Foundation’s local organizers share their activities with our staff and the HBCU community by:
- Responding to brief surveys throughout the year and providing an annual report of their group’s status, membership and activities.
- Highlighting local events as a featured activity on TheHBCUFoundation.org Events Calendar and our Facebook and Twitter Pages.
- Surfacing innovative projects that emerge from your HBCU Foundation community.
- Keeping their group page on thehbcufoundation.org up-to-date.