Every day more than 45 million people give birthday wishes on Facebook, which is why we’re excited to give people the opportunity to create fundraisers for their birthday and make it even more meaningful by easily benefitting The HBCU Foundation with collected donations.
More and more, people are using Facebook Fundraisers to dedicate their birthday and raise money for the causes they care about. For those in the US, Facebook made it easier to do this by giving people and public figure Pages the opportunity to create a fundraiser for their birthday directly on Facebook.
Share your passion for supporting HBCUs.
We believe that fundraising is for everyone. Even if you have no previous fundraising experience, Facebook’s fundraising tools make it easy for our supporters to inform and inspire friends and families, and work together to raise money for our causes.
How to Create a Birthday Fundraiser Benefitting The HBCU Foundation (Quick-Start Instructions without images)
To create a fundraiser for a charitable organization, all you need to do is:
- Visit https://www.facebook.com/fundraisers/or click Fundraisers in the left menu of your News Feed.
- Click Raise Money.
- Click Nonprofit
- Select Nonprofit/Charity.
- Select a charitable organization, choose a cover photo, and fill in the Fundraiser details.
- Click Create.
Note: Donation and fundraising features on Facebook aren’t available in every area. Visit the Facebook Fundraisers help center to learn more.
How-to Create a Birthday Fundraiser Benefitting The HBCU Foundation™ (with images)
1. Visit Facebook Fundraisers and click “Search for Nonprofit”. Type and select the “HBCU Foundation” from the list.
2. How Much Do You Want to Raise?
3. Tell Your Story
4. Pick a Cover Photo
5. Congratulations your fundraiser has been published! Invite your friends.
6. Match Donations
7. Match Amount
Recommended Best Practices
- Identify charities that are aligned with your philanthropic goals.
- Leverage a dedicated community across multiple channels and platforms to drive awareness to your Facebook Page fundraiser early in the campaign.
- Involve your audience—interact with fans on your fundraiser page to incentivize and get fans excited about the goal.
- Schedule a live video to talk to your fans about the cause and why it matters to you.
- Monitor the donations and give updates on fundraising progress. Increase goals when necessary.
- Reveal “milestones,” and encourage sharing to incentivize giving.
- Say thanks! Be sure to thank your supporters early and often.